The key aim of the Reading Teaching School Alliance is to build a collegiate professional Alliance that is open, transparent and rigorous and which focuses upon improving opportunities for children to raise their achievement and aspirations by being able to access outstanding education.
We will achieve this through:
- Developing an ethos within the Alliance built upon shared vision, values and mutual respect
- Working for the provision of the very best education for ALL pupils , not just our own school
- Developing outstanding leaders and outstanding teachers
- Offering high quality professional development opportunities at all levels in order to strengthen the quality of our teachers and leaders
- Coordinating the work of the professionals within the Alliance in order to further impact on the provision our children experience
- Being rigorous in Quality Assurance for our programmes and support
- Communicating effectively with all schools to work together and be fully inclusive with who wishes to work with the Alliance
- Ensuring that all provision is fully accessible and inclusion is at the forefront
- Developing partnership working with and between schools to raise aspiration, ambition, expectation and standards in all schools.
- Enabling the sharing of best practice to provide accelerated pupil progress
- Having a measurable impact model, ensuring standards and expectations
- Providing practical support including high quality Teaching and Learning experiences for all, high quality training for all, first-hand experience of outstanding provision, effective quality control of educational experiences and ensuring that all schools have access and understanding of the most up to date educational initiatives and thinking which leads to evidence of impact where used.
- Learning from each other
- Exploring professional development opportunities with the universities
- Developing cross phase working-learning from nursery to university