Drama strategies in Primary English
THIS COURSE HAS BEEN CANCELLED
Reading teaching school alliance and Patrice Baldwin present
Drama strategies for English Teaching – Which, When and how?
There are dozens of Drama Strategies that can be used with whole classes throughout the primary years and yet most teachers know and repeatedly use just a few. A deeper knowledge of drama strategies and their purpose and effect, would be of significant benefit to all primary teachers.
Drama strategies offer a highly structured, collaborative and effective way of scaffolding children’s thought, talk, reading and writing for different purposes and audiences. Children enjoy working together, through the multisensory and memorable medium of Drama.
This course will:
- Enable participants to experience and evaluate, 3 primary ‘Drama for English’ lessons, ( KS1, lower and upper KS2)
- Broaden and deepen participants’ knowledge and practical understanding of a range of effective drama strategies
- Help participants use drama strategies with different text types
- Exemplify how Drama can support and improve children as writers
- Provide a Drama Strategies booklet and KS1 and KS2 published units of work
Date: Monday 19th June 2017
Time: 9.30am to 3.30
Venue: Churchend School, Usk Road, Tilehurst, Reading, RG30 4HP.
Refreshments and lunch are included, please specify if you have special dietary requirements at the time of booking.